Crispin Cain, who trained with Hubert Germain- Robin and now has some 30 years experience with craft distillation, is perhaps the most gifted distiller now active. His first bottling of Russell Henry gin was named 7th best spirit on the planet by Paul Pacult’s SPIRIT JOURNAL, and his Rose Liqueur was ROBB REPORTS’ Best of the Best.
First release was Malt Advocate’s Artisan Whiskey of the Year
Five factors crucial to Low Gap’s extraordinary quality:
- Crispin ferments his own mash from scratch.
- He ferments with special enzymes
- He ferments to completely dry, which can take up to four months
- He double-distills on a small antique cognac still
- He cleans the still after each distillation
It’s simple: Low Gap is just better whiskey